Archive for Twitter
This week on War News Radio, we bring you two stories from different sides of the globe. First, we check the progress of the protest movement in Hong Kong, which began last year in response to proposed changes to the electoral system. Next, “Too Close”, the story of Alex, a Honduran man who was raised in Canada, but deported, and survived kidnapping and torture this summer while attempting to return. Take a listen.
Alex’s is the second in a series of interviews we’re producing with Central American migrants crossing Mexico. You can listen to the first, “By Force,” on our website in English and Spanish. We’ve also produced a Spanish version of this story.
More stories from our series on Central American migrants:
#1: By Force/A la fuerza
#3: WNR Mixtape: Rap in El Salvador/Rap salvadoreño: una manera de escuchar la historia
Note: We believe we have resolved the technical difficulties that led to the lateness of this post. Our apologies for the delay.
- UN delinks al-Qaeda-Taliban sanctions http://j.mp/ll53bZ #
- VIDEO: Yemen: Thousands protest in capital http://j.mp/iYlMBL #
- Fresh Misrata attacks ‘kill 10′ http://j.mp/ixz0js #
- Determined Voices: First, we hear about a crackdown on the Organization of… http://goo.gl/fb/vgmcJ warnewsradio.org #
- Libyan opposition turn to Google Earth, Call of Duty in battle against Gaddafi forces http://bit.ly/k5kNfj # Read More→