MACMILLAN: If you’ve ever traveled along Broad Street just north of Philadelphia City Hall, you might have spotted them standing along the narrow median strip: A small band of demonstrators – mostly silver-haired women – asking you to honk your horn.
ZAPPALA: Oh, I sort of leave here deaf sometimes, but I get over it.
MACMILLAN: That’s Celeste Zappala, and she doesn’t want you to forget about the wars. Read More→
As NATO bombs continue to rain down on Libya, it’s come to light that one Alliance member may have been helping supply the enemy. Several large Spanish banks are reported to have financed the manufacturers of cluster bombs – a weapon that’s been banned since 2008.
Heavy sandstorms blanketed Iraq’s capital Baghdad and other provinces on Thursday, causing traffic chaos and flooding hospitals with people suffering from respiratory problems. Many shops in the city were closed but cars and trucks still ventured out onto the roads, many relying on their headlights to drive through the sandstorm. With visibility down to only a few metres, police officers wearing surgical masks directed slow-moving traffic in downtown Baghdad. Sandstorms are a regular occurrence in Iraq, but recent drought conditions have increased their severity.
- atwar.blogs.nytimes.com/ An Uncharacteristically Upbeat General in Afghanistan http://nyti.ms/hYOK2S #
- NPR: Separation Brings Sorrow In Army Wives’ Stories http://n.pr/dMAih6 #
- Thousands defy violence, mark Muslim rite in Iraq http://reut.rs/fLJtGH #
- AFP: Iraq minister denies prisoner abuse http://bit.ly/fuTKYK #
- Audit: Military lacks overall plan for Afghan building projects http://wapo.st/fBa9ID # Read More→
- Moqtada al-Sadr returns to Iran http://bit.ly/gKKGW9 #
- AP is reporting on the last missing US soldier in Iraq:http://wapo.st/eaQNuk War News Radio had the story last month:http://bit.ly/eUk1kx #
- Wash Post Middle East » Six bombs kill 8, injure 30 in and around Baghdad http://wapo.st/hJ0rUs #
- U.S. bombs wipe Afghan village off map: report http://bit.ly/hmksVG #
- Karzai agrees to open parliament http://j.mp/hb4EB1 # Read More→